Your use of the Website will constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless this website, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of this Website.
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
• We have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
• We have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, www.www.marknolan.com, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website www.www.marknolan.com (the“Website”).
Personal Data that you provide to us.
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following way:
• When you contact us via this website’s contact form and you type in your email address (to receive a reply from us) and your name, and any personal data which you voluntarily provide to us in the free text box of the form. If you don’t want to give us your email or personal details, do not type your email or details into the contact form.
• When you sign up and subscribe to our email newsletter to receive updates, and you voluntarily supply your email address so we can send you the email newsletter. This is a double opt-in process where we send a welcome email and ask you to verify that it was you who subscribed using your email. You may unsubscribe at any time simply by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the emails.
Data that we collect automatically:
As with almost every other website on the internet, this website automatically collects certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
• Process and manage your use of our website;
• Respond to your questions, comments and requests;
• Improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our fiction books are aimed at adults only, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, please do not visit this Website and do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email by using our contact form.
•See what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
•Ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
•Ask us to delete your Personal Data;
•Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
•Ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
•Withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
•Express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
If we ever need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Contact Us
Our contact details are: https://www.www.marknolan.com/contact/
Or send an email to Mark Nolan via mark [at] marknolan, and substitute @ for [at].
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below) and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site”s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser”s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as “traffic data” so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail and telephone. This also applies when you register for our website, sign up through any of our forms using your email address or make a purchase on this site. For further information see the email policies below.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers.
We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us, nor will such information be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the approval of the user at the time of collection.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and we will not provide your personal information to any third party individual, government agency, or company at any time unless strictly compelled to do so by law.
We will use your e-mail address solely to provide timely information about Mark Nolan’s fiction novels.
We will maintain the information you send via e-mail in accordance with applicable federal law.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mail sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at anytime.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
Mark Nolan’s fiction novels are written for readers who are over the age of eighteen. His books and newsletters are written for grown adults, not for children. You must be eighteen (18) years or older to visit this website, correspond via email, or subscribe to the newsletter. If you are under eighteen years of age, you are not permitted to access this website for any reason or subscribe to the newsletter. Due to the age restriction for use of this website and email newsletter, no information obtained by this website falls within the child online privacy act (COPA) and is not monitored as doing so.
Use of External Links
https://www.www.marknolan.com may contain links to many other websites. cannot guarantee the accuracy of information found at any linked site. Links to or from external sites not owned or controlled by do not constitute an endorsement by or any of its employees of the sponsors of these sites or the products or information presented therein.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content and software located on the site shall remain the sole property of or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consent from .
You must not:
- Republish material from our website without prior written consent.
- Sell or rent material from our website.
- Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
- Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another website.
You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else”s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other user, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within our website.
You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use the content on our website for any marketing related purpose without our express written consent.
We may in the future need to restrict access to parts (or all) of our website and reserve full rights to do so. If, at any point, we provide you with a username and password for you to access restricted areas of our website, you must ensure that both your username and password are kept confidential.
Use of Testimonials
In accordance to with the FTC guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising, please be aware of the following:
Testimonials that appear on this site are actually received via text, audio or video submission. They are individual experiences, reflecting real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services in some way. They are individual results and results do vary. We do not claim that they are typical results. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services.
The testimonials displayed in any form on this site (text, audio, video or other) are reproduced verbatim, except for correction of grammatical or typing errors. Some may have been shortened. In other words, not the whole message received by the testimonial writer is displayed when it seems too lengthy or not the whole statement seems relevant for the general public.
Mark Nolan is not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted on https://www.www.marknolan.com. is not a forum for testimonials, however provides testimonials as a means for customers to share their experiences with one another. To protect against abuse, all testimonials appear after they have been reviewed by management. Mark Nolan does not necessarily share the opinions, views or commentary of any testimonials on https://www.www.marknolan.com – the opinions are strictly the individual views and personal opinions of the testimonial source.
How Do We Protect Your Information and Secure Information Transmissions?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
This website may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content contain on this website or any sites linked to this site.
All the materials on this site are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose. In no event shall or its agents or associates be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, injury or death) arising out of the use of or inability to use the materials, even if has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or your dealings with our website, please contact us on our contact page. A link to our contact page is located in the footer of this website.
MarkNolan.com (“This website”) operates this site. It is this website’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
Mark Nolan’s fiction novels are written for readers who are over the age of eighteen. You must be eighteen (18) years or older to visit this website. If you are under eighteen years of age, you are not permitted to access this website for any reason. Due to the age restriction for use of this website, no information obtained by this website falls within the child online privacy act (COPA) and is not monitored as doing so.
You should assume that the owner of this website is an affiliate for providers of goods and services mentioned on this website. The owner may be compensated if and when you purchase something after clicking on a link. If you order any products or services through the links given on this website the owner might receive a small referral commission that helps to support this website. The cost to you is the same as if you bought it directly from the company. We only recommend items we like and find to be of good quality and value.
Like most website operators, this website collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. this website’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how this website’s visitors use its website. From time to time, this website may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
This website also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. This website does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to this website’s websites choose to interact with this website in ways that require this website to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that this website gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we may ask visitors who sign up for updates to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with this website – by purchasing access to products or services, for example – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, this website collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with this website. This website does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
This website may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, this website may monitor the most popular pages on the site. This website may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, this website does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
This website discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on this website’s behalf or to provide services available at this website’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using this website’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. this website will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, this website discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when this website believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of this website, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an this website and have supplied your email address, this website may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with this website and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. This website takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Terms of Service:
1. Responsibility of Contributors. If you post comments on this website’s blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
▪ The downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
▪ If your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
▪ You have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
▪ The Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
▪ The Content is not spam, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
▪ The Content is not obscene, libelous, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party; and
▪ You have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by this website or otherwise.
By submitting Content to this website, you grant this website a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting this website. If you delete Content, this website will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable, and that anything you post online might be available for view to the public forever in the InternetArchive.org.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, this website has the right (though not the obligation) to, in this website’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in this website’s reasonable opinion, violates any this website policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in this website’s sole discretion. This website will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
2. Responsibility of Website Visitors. This website has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, this website does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. This website disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which this website links, and that link to this website. This website does not have any control over those third party websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a website or webpage, this website does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. This website disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of any other websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As this website asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by this website violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify this website in accordance with this website’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) Policy. This website may, in its discretion, make an attempt to respond to such notices, but cannot guarantee a response. If this website does respond, such response may include an action as required or appropriate of removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of this website or others, this website may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, this website will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to this website.
5. Trademarks. This website’s original components, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with this Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of this website or this website’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any this website or third-party trademarks.
6. Changes. The Website, including without limitation all content there available and these Terms and Conditions, may be changed at the sole discretion of this website and without notice. You are bound by any such updates or changes, including but not limited to those affecting these Terms and Conditions, and so should periodically review these Terms and Conditions.
7. Disclaimer of warranties. Except as otherwise expressly stated, all content posted to or available from the Website is provided “as is”, and this website, its suppliers and its licensors make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement of proprietary rights. You understand and agree that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, this Website at your own discretion and risk, and that this website, its suppliers and its licensors will have no liability or responsibility for any damage to your computer system or data that results from the download or use of such content or services. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above may not apply to you.
8. Limitation of liability. Except as otherwise expressly stated, in no event will this website, its suppliers or its licensors be liable to you or any other party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, regardless of the basis or nature of the claim, resulting from any use of the Website, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website including without limitation any lost profits, business interruption, loss of data or otherwise, even if this website, its suppliers or its licensors were expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the aggregate liability for any and all of your claims against this website, its suppliers and its licensors arising out of or related to use of the Website, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website exceed the amounts actually paid by you to this website during the 12-month period prior to the date a claim is made. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for certain incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above limitations may not apply to you. The parties agree that this Section 11 represents a reasonable allocation of risk.
10. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless this website, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of this Website, including but not limited to your violation of any representation or warranty contained in these Terms and Conditions.
11. Miscellaneous. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between this website and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of this website, or by the posting by this website of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, these Terms and Conditions, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Washington, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in King County, Washington. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms; this website may assign its rights under these Terms and Conditions without condition. These Terms and Conditions will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.